Course Duration: 1 Day
Please call our office on 01253 694574 for dates.
£ 50 + VAT per student
The course includes tea/coffee and complimentary lunch.
The transition from team member to the role of team leader or supervisor is often difficult to achieve. Someone in a supervisory role is no longer on equal terms with their peers. They have to earn respect and show authority and leadership, which sometimes means having to make unpopular decisions.
This course will provide the newly appointed supervisor with the essential information and techniques that will enable them to gain confidence in their role, lead by example and handle delicate situations assertively.
Supervisor Skills Course Learning Objectives:
Module 1: The Role of a Supervisor
- Identifying the role of a new supervisor
- Recognising what makes a good supervisor
- Key values of a supervisor
Module 2: Communication
- Different forms of communication
- Body language and tone of voice
- Effective questioning skills
- Managing conflict
Module 3: Managing Poor Performance
- 5 Dysfunctions of a team
- Understanding reasons for poor performance
- Setting SMART action plans
- Giving criticism positively
Module 4: Time Management
- Misuse of time
- Techniques for good time management
- The 4 D’s of email management
Module 5: Basic Employment Law
- Work/life balance
- Working time regulations
- Constructive dismissal
- SWOT Analysis
Students are assessed by multiple-choice questionnaire.
Upon booking individuals will receive comprehensive joining instructions and details of our recommended local hotels all of which offer a preferential rate for Colossal students.
Please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.