Ship Security Officer Course
Course Duration: 3 Days
£ 325 + VAT per student
The course includes tea/coffee and complimentary lunch.
The Ship Security Officer (SSO) course is fully accredited by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and is designed to meet the requirements of the International Ship & Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be provided with a MCA approved Ship Security Officer Certificate.
Ship Security Officer Course Learning Objectives:
- Understanding definitions of key acronyms.
- Familiarisation and understanding of the ISPS Code including application.
- Key roles and responsibilities of Contracting Governments.
- Understanding the process and application of the ship/port and ship/ship interface.
- The content and the relationship between the Ship Security Assessment and the Ship Security Plan.
- Verification and Certification for ships.
- Training, Drills and Exercises and their frequency.
- Methodology of instructional Search and Profiling Techniques.
- Records and record keeping.
- Threat awareness and contingency planning.
- High risk area awareness and the implementation of Best Management Practice.
Students are assessed by multiple-choice/open book written assessment.
Upon booking individuals will receive comprehensive joining instructions and details of our recommended local hotels all of which offer a preferential rate for Colossal students.
Please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.