STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
Course Duration: 8 hrs
£ 160 + VAT per student
The course includes tea/coffee and complimentary lunch.
This is a statutory one-day course to give seafarers the essential education and training in Personal Survival Techniques.
The course follows a standard MCA approved programme, delivering a basic knowledge and practice of survival techniques and principles that can be applied to maximise the probability of survival following a marine accident.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a Personal Survival Techniques certificate, accredited by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA).
STCW Personal Survival Techniques Learning Objectives:
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel.
- Basic principles of survival.
- Types of survival equipment provided on board ships.
- Training and drills.
- Correct use of life jacket.
- Initial actions taken on boarding a survival craft to enhance chance of survival.
- Operate survival craft equipment.
- Operate location devices, including distress signals.
There are no formal educational requirements to undertake this course, although all participants must be 16 years or over. Some aspects of this course are physically demanding. We therefore require all students to complete a physical declaration form.
Candidates are assessed by examination and practical demonstration.
Upon booking individuals will receive comprehensive joining instructions and details of our recommended local hotels all of which offer a preferential rate for Colossal students.
Please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.