First Person on Scene (Intermediate)
Course Duration: 4 Days
£ 400 + VAT per student
The course includes tea/coffee and complimentary lunch.
Our AoFAQ Level 3 First Person on Scene (Intermediate) course is an Ofqual regulated and Royal College of Surgeons endorsed qualification. This award is an intensive four day course that is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to treat casualties in medical emergencies prior to the intervention of the emergency services.
Students will be provided with the knowledge and life saving skills to assess, manage and treat a patient in a trauma and/or medical emergency and to stabilise the patient for up to forty minutes before the ambulance or pre-hospital care providers arrive.
Each student will also receive a booklet to assist learning throughout the course.
Level 3 First Person on Scene Learning Objectives:
- Scene safety.
- Scene management including triage.
- Patient assessment.
- The principles of manual handling.
- The management of catastrophic bleeding.
- Basic and intermediate airway management skills (including adjuncts).
- Respiratory assessment.
- Management of breathing difficulties (including the use of oxygen).
- Basic and intermediate life support including AED.
- Management of haemorrhages and shock.
- Recognition and management of a range of medical emergencies.
- Recognition and management of a range of trauma emergencies.
- The recognition features of sepsis.
- Assisting the health care professional.
- Paediatric life support.
Multiple choice examination & practical demonstration.
Upon booking individuals will receive comprehensive joining instructions and details of our recommended local hotels all of which offer a preferential rate for Colossal students.
Please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.