HSE Chair Judith Hackitt writes about how HSE’s Myth Busters Challenge Panel could provide storyline inspiration for a forthcoming BBC sitcom.
Concert-goers were banned from taking umbrellas into an outdoor JLS concert – because they posed a health and safety risk
Volunteers had offered to cut back an overgrown public footpath and asked the borough council if it could provide some tools for them to do the job. The council turned down the offer
A main civil engineering contractor is insisting that routine repetitive lifting operations are directly supervised by a person additional to the worker operating the crane itself. The panel have been asked for their opinion on whether this is burdenso…
A swimming pool user, who is a keen triathlete, has been advised that he cannot use hand paddle swimming aids in any public or adult swimming session due to the risk of other swimmers being hurt. The only time they are allowed to be used is in a structured session such as swimming club or […]
Health and Safety Chief Executive responds to Aldhun Levitt’s letter in Daily Mail 30 August 2012 about the Loch Gairloch canoeing tragedy.
A company sought to secure a contract to carry out maintenance to coffee machines. They failed the contractor’s assessment process because all their health and safety training is run in house and the contractor’s assessment only recognises …
Two nursing home owners have been fined after an elderly resident died following a fall from a hoist.
This information will be of particular interest to employers, asbestos contractors and others with duties under asbestos regulations, together with those workers currently at greatest risk from exposure to asbestos.
An Essex fireplace installation company has been fined after their inadequate work on domestic gas pipes put a family’s life at risk in their own home.